Here's how it went:
- We gathered our chickens and zip tied there legs (Gently)
- We held them by their feet for a while to help them get tired.
- We put them in the cones and let them continue to tire.
- I Cut the Jugular on both Chickens and Thanked them as they passed (They were Gone in a matter of a minute or so)
- Once gone, I removed their heads and hung them by their feet to finish bleeding out (around 10 minutes)
- We brought the bucket of Hot water for scalding ( 160 degrees )
- We each (Sara and I) swished our birds in the hot water for 30 seconds each.
- We then plucked the chickens ( this was FAR easier than I expected and even had help from Stella)
- Then we gutted the chickens
- Now they are soaking in Salted Water for 24 Hours
I feel blessed to have given them a Wonderful happy Life and an honorable death. I am very blessed that we now have 2 beautiful chickens that were humanly and organically raised and harvested.
We did not roll video this time, but next time we will.
Here are the fruits of our Chicken Harvest
Join Us on Facebook CLICK HERE